August 21, 2010

Mt. Mitchell, Washington, 6-13-10

Here are photos from a day trip back in June.  Mt. Mitchell is just south of Mt. St. Helens (MSH), and the views are the attraction.  Actually, the walk up was pleasant, but I didn't bother to take any photos- just second growth forest (and one view of a clearcut).  At the top, there are rock fins and wildflowers:



This used to be a lookout site, and though the lookout itself was destroyed (probably on purpose), there is a very derelict outhouse resting against one crag:


Looking down Lewis River Canyon:


MSH with yours truly:


A snag with great evening light through its cracking wood:


Detail of the snag:


Finally, two shots of MSH in the sunset:






I walked back to the car in the cool dark after sunset.  A nice afternoon trip!
Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Terrific photo of you with MSH.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I get ready to post a comment, I open Gail's and find that she said exactly what I had planned to say! I guess we think alike. Anyway, that is a really good picture of you.

    Love, Mammer

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment!